Nike Motivational Quotes
Ever have an intern who stumbles upon greatness, or just something really cool to read and then saves the writing but not the webpage because he cleared his history, cache, and cookies before leaving...We do! Its okay we love him and forgive him, considering this is his shout out. We wont give you his name though cause thats just not nice. But anywhooo, he stumbled upon an article containing motivational quotes from Nike and Nike Athletes. These are not all of them but they are the top ten of the website that wrote the article. We dont necessarily agree with their order so we took the quotes and jumbled them around a bit to fit our liking. Look below and let us know what you think. The final quote is from Barry Sanders and we only put it last because its kind of long and didn't hold the attention of our intern since hes got A.D.D.
Here they are:
1. Just Do It- Nike
2. “Everything you need is already inside. Just do it.” — Bill Bowerman
3. “Greatness is earned, never awarded.” - Nike
4. “Training is the opposite of hoping.” – Nike
5. “The only one who can tell you ‘you can’t ‘ is you. And you don’t have to listen.” - Nike
6. “My better is better than your better.” - Nike
7. “There are clubs you can’t belong to, neighborhoods you can’t live in, schools you can’t get into, but the roads are always open.” - Nike
8. “All your life you are told the things you cannot do. All your life they will say you’re not good enough or strong enough or talented enough; they will say you’re the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or be this or achieve this. THEY WILL TELL YOU NO, a thousand times no, until all the no’s become meaningless. All your life they will tell you no, quite firmly and very quickly. AND YOU WILL TELL THEM YES.”
9. “That’s right. I’m out of here. Do not chase me down or text me or try to talk me into going out to lunch. I don’t have time to figure out if I have time for a run. I’m just going. The world will not fall apart in my absence. I might miss somebody’s birthday cake or a discussion of last night’s season finale. Even if I do, who cares. I’m coming back with a state of mind three coffees, two flirtatious emails and a week of vacation can’t buy. Just do it.”
10. “Too often we are scared. Scared of what we might not be able to do. Scared of what people might think if we tried. We let our fears stand in the way of our hopes.
We say no when we want to say yes. We sit quietly when we want to scream. And we shout with the others, when we should keep our mouths shut. Why? After all, we do only go around once. There’s really no time to be afraid.
So stop. Try something you’ve never tried. Risk it. Enter a triathlon. Write a letter to the editor. Demand a raise. Call winners at the toughest court. Throw away your television. Bicycle across the United States. Try bobsledding. Try anything. Speak out against the designated hitter. Travel to a country where you don’t speak the language. Patent something. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. JUST DO IT.” ~ Barry Sanders (1992)
Leave a Reply.
The DRIPT Team
The DRIPT Team's style blog with everything we feel is important to our personal taste. Check it out, read it daily, hit us up with questions. Enjoy!!!!